1. Hypothesis’s: Well my testable hypothesis with this student falling asleep in class is maybe this student isn’t getting enough sleep at night and is going out and partying late with friends.
2. Testing this hypothesis: I believe this hypothesis can be tested by having this student going out one night and staying out very late then going home and only getting a few hours of sleep. Then the next night have this student go to bed at a reasonable time say 9pm and see how they do the next day in class. If the student doesn’t fall asleep in class it will show that the student got enough sleep and if the student still falls asleep that will show that it isn’t the lack of sleep that is making the student fall asleep.
3. Un-testable hypothesis: A Un-testable hypothesis would be that the student is being put to sleep by the sleeping fairy that is making them sleep during this class.
Sweet blog!! That was what I was originally thinking that the student is always out too late and partying way too hard. Kids now days. Bye for now fellow blogger!
ReplyDeleteThat is a good hypothesis. They test also fits well. One thing though (not to be meticulous), you mention that the cause is both lack of sleep and partying late. I think you mean just lack of sleep. If you don't, then you have to test him getting enough hours of sleep (like sleeping late in the morning) but still partying late. I hope that made sense, I didn’t know how to word it. Anyways, good job.
ReplyDeleteThat was one of my thoughts that he was partying all night with his friends and was not getting enough sleep. Although, if he/she snored while sleeping that would be quite an annoyance to the class in general. As you suggested the only way to find out if he/she was partying would be to follow he/she.
ReplyDeleteThis was also my thought, that either the student stays up too late partying or in my hypothesis, studying for a different class. I liked your un-testable hypothesis,that the sleeping fairy comes and puts the student to sleep each day.
ReplyDeleteYour idea of trying 2 different approaches to test your hypothesis is good. I like that you would be comparing making the student stay out late with getting a full night of sleep. Its in interesting approach! And I love your blog design also !
ReplyDelete